Thursday, January 24, 2013

Wedding Motif


It is a colossal challenge pulling off a Jewish and Kenyan wedding in West Texas. A wall was built in China. Pyramids were built in Egypt. A liberty statue was built in New York City.

But none have faced this.

Here it if folks! I have put together my dream wedding reception, and this is it. And yes, you are seeing correctly, those are nerf guns. The reception hall in my collage is in fact my actual reception venue. The walls are very neutral, so that means I can pretty much throw in as much color as I want. And while I am tempted to create a reception that looks like a rainbow threw up all over it, I will restrain myself. Maybe just pockets of rainbow splashes, like having a different color bouquet of roses at each table. I hate to be cliche, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE blue mason jars, so I will be using them. I am going to become the Omnipotent DIY Queen by the time this thing is over.

And holy Moses! I can't believe I am getting married in 6 months!

I suppose I don't have a theme, but I have an idea of things that I like. Besides, I don't really like the word "theme". It always reminds me of the teacher in "a Christmas Story".







or some sort of Luau





Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment